1.06.2009

My job - my second family

Brandon and myself
Look what Rachael found under her bed ... Never know what you'll find there.

A bunch of us girls watching a movie - Sveta, Amanda, Rebecca, me, Miriam, JoAnn, Rachael, And Lilli


Jodi and Destiny. Destiny comes over some afternoons to do activities with the girls. She calls me "teacher".



Brandon

















The field







Rachael and myself

Rachael and Lilli
Lilli and Teresa
Rebecca and myself








Ann
These are a few pictures of some of the kids I work with. The Kreiders have a ministry of caring for special needs kids/ adults. This is a family with people coming from all different places, with different needs, yet united with love because of how God has worked in Ron and Joann's hearts to take into their care anyone who would need care and love. This family has become like a second family to me. I've been working here about a year and a half or so. In that time the family has changed many times. As of now. They're is Rachael(18) ,downs-syndrome. She's full of life and spunk. She's my little buddy and is quit a talker. When I first started working here I would come here a couple days a week and play games with her, teach reading etc. Lilli (19)and Teresa(25) are sisters and they have been adopted. Ann(14) and Brandon(4) are special needs foster childen. Brittany is a 20 year old girl that is bed- ridden and has ceribal palsy. That's all the kids they have now.
20, 19, 18 ... I've been counting down the days till I leave for Columbus. And until then I will be mostly working at the Kreiders place. Since Just after Christmas, I have been working like this is a full time job. ( Before, I worked like about 3 or 4 afternoons and evenings a week, now about every day for long hours) I don't mind because they have become like a second family to me. It also is helping me save money for the up-coming school and get used to missing my family.

No comments: