3.27.2009

Haiti

Map of Haiti

I am leaving for Haiti at the end of May. Last week I received my passport in the mail and bought a plane ticket the same day. Exciting. I'm going to the Living Hope Haiti Mission for 3 months. It is outside of Port-au-Prince right near the coast. This mission is headed by Andris and Mary Jane. The mission has a trade school, elementary school, and church. I will be living with the missionaries and serving wherever they would want. It will be a huge learning experience ... I've talked to a few people that have been to the place I'm going. And all of their responds have been very positive ... I'll be flying over with Mary Jane and her husband considering the fact that they are in the States now raising money for the mission. The last nine days of my stay in Haiti, Aaron and Emily are bringing an group of RXN youth down. Then I will fly back with them. We don't know which kids are going yet. Please pray that the kids God wants to go will take the initiative needed for taking this trip. And for the parents permission to be granted. And for the funds needed for their travels. And for me that I will be prepared for those 3 months... The missions website is http://www.livinghopehaiti.org/

5 comments:

Sveta said...

Anna, i'm sooo egg-cited for you!!! 194 days!!! (till you come home :) Love ya.

Violining_chic92 said...

Lucky you! Have fun, don't forget us, and drop a line once in a while!
Love ya,
Elizabeth

Momma said...

It is great to see everything coming together for your first mission trip ~ Momma

Anonymous said...

Anna,

We will pray the God will bless your work there and bring you back safely. I hope you can send reports back while you are there.

fr francis wardega
Office of Foreign Missions
Missiona Society of St John

Anonymous said...

We are excited for you and hope it will be a really big adventure. You seem to be learning and growing a lot in Columbus. Stay safe. We enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pictures.
Uncle Jim and Aunt Linda