10.22.2009

Home again

Home again. It's been awhile since I've wrote anything on this blog ... let me give a little update. I came home to Kentucky about a month ago. Thus, I have completed my School of Servanthood internship with Reaching the Nations International. I've had quite the adjustment coming home. Let's say I wasn't expecting culture shock coming back to the place where I "look" (and act) like everyone - my own home. Yet, it hit me in the face. It's been a month and I'm about adjusted to our simple, complicated life in the cabin.
Here I am at a place seeking God for "next steps". One of the greatest things I learned this year was how much I need to learn. I think college is my next step. This next bit of time I'll be trying to "learn" what skills I can. My ambitions are high ... I want to learn French, how to crochet, knit, become "better read", guitar and so forth. But I find most days all I have time for is cleaning, cooking and going to work. We'll see what happens. I have to go now but I want to leave with a thought which Oswald Chambers left in his book "My Utmost Highest". "If you are going to be used by God, He will take you through a multitude of experiences that are not meant for you at all, they are meant to make you useful in His hands, and to enable you to understand what transpires in other souls so that you will never be surprised at what you come across. Oh, I can't deal with that person. why not? God gave you ample opportunity to soak before Him on that line, and you barged off because it seemed stupid to spend time in that way." Jonathan and I


Sveta playing the violin and cousins dancing
Some of those I love
All dressed up in country looking clothing.
My three youngest siblings.
Jonathan






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am glad that you updated your blog. It sounds like you have been very busy.

I am new to your blog and just found it and now I am following you. I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteenscene.blogspot.com
~Be sure to check out the giveaway at my blog~